A. WHAT INFORMATION SIMPLIFIED COLLECTS FROM YOU
Simplified may collect two types of information about you: Personal and Non-Personal.
1. “Personal Information.” Personal Information refers to information that lets Simplified know the specifics of who you are and which may be used to identify, contact or locate you (e.g. name, mailing address, telephone number and email address). Simplified may collect Personal Information when you use the Simplified Properties including, without limitation, setting up account information, filling out surveys, corresponding with Simplified, or otherwise volunteering information about yourself.
2. “Non-Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g. demographic information or website visits). Simplified may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies described below.
B. HOW SIMPLIFIED COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
The Personal Information practices set forth apply to all Simplified’s customers worldwide.
1. Registration. Prior to using one or more of the Simplified Properties, Simplified may require certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to create an individual account (“Account”) or to enable features or functionality of the Simplified Properties. Failure to provide all required information required by Simplified may prevent access to any or all Simplified Properties, and failure to maintain accurate information may result in suspension or termination of access to any or all Simplified Properties.
2. Information Collected Through Technology. While you are able to visit the Simplified Site and remain anonymous, Simplified or its third party service providers may still collect Non-Personal Information about your use of the Simplified Properties (e.g. your Internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed, and the domain name of your Internet service provider). Such information may be gathered by the following methods:
(a) Cookies. Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive which work by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the Simplified Site. Cookies do not generally contain any Personal Information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the Simplified Properties unavailable to you.
(b) IP Address. You may visit many areas of the Simplified Site anonymously without the need to become a registered User. Even in such cases, Simplified may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin Services with an Internet services provider. Each time you access the Simplified Site and each time you request one of Simplified’s pages, the server logs your IP address.
(c) Web Beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and emails. Simplified may use these technical methods in HTML emails that Simplified sends to Users to determine whether they have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is Personal Information.
(d) Tracking Content Usage. If you use the Simplified Services and you post audio visual materials including, without limitation, text, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, advertisements, sound and other related intellectual property contained in such materials (collectively, “Content”) to your website or to a third party website, Simplified tracks and captures Non-Personal Information associated with User accounts and the use of Content.
C. HOW SIMPLIFIED USES YOUR INFORMATION
1. System Administration. Simplified may use Non-Personal Information for the purposes of system administration, assisting in diagnosing problems with Simplified servers, monitoring Simplified’s system performance and traffic on the Simplified Properties and to gather broad demographic information about Simplified customers.
3. Notices to Registered Users. If you have registered for an Account, Simplified may use your Personal Information to send emails regarding your registration, including confirmation to verify the accuracy of any information you have provided, and instructions on how to post Content. Simplified may also send you emails to verify your identity or to notify you if Simplified believes your use of Simplified Properties violates any applicable agreement for the use of the Simplified Properties.
4. Advertising. Simplified may use Non-Personal Information to assist in optimizing the delivery of advertisements to viewers of your Content.
5. Promotional Emails. Simplified may use your Personal Information to send you emails periodically listing promotions or events relating to the Simplified Properties or from Simplified’s marketing partners or sponsors. You have the choice to opt-out of receiving such promotional emails by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or following the instructions in such correspondence. Once we have processed your opt-out request, Simplified will not send you promotional emails unless you opt back in.
6. Contact Information. If you contact Simplified by phone, email or letter, Simplified may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. If you report a problem with the Simplified Properties, Simplified may collect this information in a file specific to you. You may contact us to request the removal of this information from Simplified’s database.
D. HOW TO ACCESS AND CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon request, Simplified shall allow Users to update or correct Personal Information previously submitted, but only to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Additionally, upon request, Simplified shall delete Personal Information from the database where such information is stored; however, it may be impossible to entirely delete a User’s entry without some residual information being retained due to the manner in which data backups are maintained. Requests to delete Personal Information shall be submitted to email@example.com.
E. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Simplified does not sell, trade or rent Personal Information collected through the Simplified Properties to any third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Simplified shall: (1) fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies; and (2) may be required to disclose Personal Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation.
F. SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Security Measures. Simplified takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. These include, but are not limited to, internal reviews of:
(a) Simplified’s data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Simplified stores Personal Information. All Simplified employees, contractors and agents who access Personal Information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution or unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information.
2. Third Party Links. The Simplified Properties may contain links to third parties who may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information directly from you. Additionally, Simplified may use third parties to provide components of the Simplified Properties. In either case, such third parties may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of Simplified. Simplified: (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them.
H. NOTICE REGARDING CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE
Use of the Simplified Properties is not intended for minors under the age of 18 (“Minors”). Minors are not authorized by Simplified to use the Simplified Properties, even if Minors set up an Account or accept the terms of any agreement for Simplified Properties. Parents or guardians may authorize Minors between the ages of 13 and 17 to use the Simplified Properties, provided they assume all responsibility and legal liability for the conduct of such Minor including, without limitation, monitoring the Minor’s access and use of the Simplified Properties. Simplified does not intentionally collect nor maintain any personally identifiable information from Minors. If you discover your Minor child has submitted his/her information to Simplified, you may request to have such information deleted from Simplified’s database by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org together with the email address that was submitted by the Minor. Upon receiving the request, Simplified shall delete such information within twenty (20) business days. If Simplified learns that a Minor is using the Simplified Properties, Simplified will require verified parental or guardian consent, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”).
I. CONTACT SIMPLIFIED